Director, Loyalty and Retention Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Director, Loyalty and Retention Marketing:
Our client is seeking a strategic marketer to direct a consumer retention program which helps to create a long-term experiential relationship with the consumer! This is a unique opportunity to combine personal, social interactions, proven loyalty marketing strategies, and brand content to drive demonstrable ROI on behalf of the company as they redefine loyalty marketing in a crowd-sourced business model.
As a senior team leader, you will report to a Vice President, Loyalty. You will be responsible for converting the loyalty marketing vision into action, enhancing current Consumer programs & creating impactful customer touchpoints across digital channels. The ideal candidate will have a passion for consumer experiences & a demonstrated understanding of digital marketing channels.
- Convert consumer retention vision into an actionable, measurable plan with clear goals, strategies, tactics & testing plan.
- Partner with BI, Field, Brand and Tech teams to successfully develop and implement new Loyalty
- Rewards Program and bringing new programs to life.
- Lead and nurture the relationship with Loyalty Vendor to deliver best-in-class solution, while decreasing costs and improving efficiency across all loyalty program initiatives.
- Develop commercial & strategic business cases for any related investments, then negotiate with internal stakeholders & decision makers to get buy in and endorsement to take action.
- Partner with technology team to successfully implement enhancements to the existing program and launch the new program.
- Partner with Field & Research teams to identify existing loyalty marketing best practices & create a feedback loop.
- Partner with brand & creative teams to create engaging Loyalty content.
- Communicate program goals, plan & results internally to stakeholders & externally.
- Act as a subject matter expert in retention marketing through thoughtful research of innovative offerings and technologies to support the improvement of all recognition programs by staying up to date on industry and trends.
- Own and drive the creation of ongoing enhancements to loyalty program and rewards, ensuring feasibility, ROI, strategic value and usability.
- Successfully, hire, onboard, coach and train new loyalty team members. Establish on-going coaching practices and identify tailored goals to meet each team member' s career growth capacity.
- Directs planning, staffing, budgeting and managing expense priorities for the team.
- 8+ years experience in retention, loyalty & digital marketing, with a strong bias towards consumer digital.
- High level strategic & critical thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities to maximize company ROI.
- Proven ability to develop business cases, communicate and gain consensus on business development initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and a drive to experiment; demonstrated ability to use data to drive decision making.
- A reputation for attention to detail in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence without authority and natural propensity for leadership.
- Outstanding level written and verbal communication skills. Ability to act as a change agent and to inspire others around an idea or vision.
- Bachelor' s degree in marketing or related field, MBA desired.
- Self-motivated and directed with experience working in a fast paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…