Director, Global Public Relations and Social Media
Van Nuys, CA
We are looking for an experienced team player who is passionate about CSR, social media, and innovative brand communication.
The Director of Global Public Relations and Social Media is responsible for the execution of strategic public relations, media relations, social media, brand events and partnership programs as set forth by the agencies of record and the CBO. Responsibilities will range from developing and maintaining strong relationships with media and influencer contacts to identifying premium non-compete brands that align with the company mission.
The Director of Global Public Relations and Social Media will lead a team of one and manage the day to day with the agencies of record. This key hire will report directly to the Chief Brand Officer.
- Social Media
- Working with Company Agency of Record and the CBO, develop the overall strategy and planning for the social channels.
- Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track to against KPIs and objectives; collaborate with global cross-functional teams to ensure that PR and social media campaigns and concepts are appropriately integrated and amplified across all platforms.
- Responsible for overseeing postings for all of the company US social media platforms.
- Expand social media reach, maintain favorable consumer sentiment, and engage with company communities.
- Oversee community management, including moderating support for social media initiatives, and scheduling content. Develop, implement, and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement, and grow external social media communities.
- Identify opportunities to align and integrate social media, marketing, and retail to drive top line revenue.
- Stay current with social media trends and incorporate, as appropriate, to improve the customer experience, drive sales, and leverage ongoing customer involvement.
- Corporate PR
- Work with CBO and agency on all initiatives with a focus on CSR.
- Develop and lead public relations (PR), social media, and experiential marketing programs that enhance customer loyalty via digital channels and PR.
- Conceive and develop meaningful PR campaigns that are innovative and engaging, and call on network to execute press stories and campaigns.
- Build and nurture relationships with key media contacts and category influencers, and act as the brand's spokesperson when appropriate.
- Create high quality, persuasive, and strategic presentations for an audience that includes partners, senior management, and board of directors.
- Cultivate talent and provide leadership, coaching, and career development planning for team members. Ensure productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
- Agency Management
- Working under the direction of the CBO, manage external agencies to assist in PR and Social Media activities. Support decisions with ROI based analysis and KPI tracking.
- Work in collaboration with other team members and agency partners to ensure initiatives have 360-degree support and alignment across all channels.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing complex integrated marketing and communications programs in a fast-paced, high volume, marketing and/or PR/Communications function for a consumer-focused organization.
- In-house consumer product industry (CPG) experience is a must.
- 7+ years of management experience, with a proven track record of hiring, developing and mentoring. Will oversee the Social Media and PR Manager.
- Experience running Social and PR as a business and driving against measurable KPIs impactful to the business through the development of innovative PR and Social Media strategies.
- Global experience is strongly preferred.
- Analytical skill and the ability to use digital tools to find actionable insights through data.
- A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally.
- A strong track record working with top tier press.
- Meaningful experience with agency/vendor management.
- Must have excellent skills in writing press releases and all content that demonstrates a clear and consistent brand voice.
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”