Director, Commercial Data Operations
The Director of Commercial Data Operations is a strategic and critical leadership role in the Marketing Analytics, Business Insights, and Customer Operations (MABICO) organization, responsible for on-going data operations to enable core and emerging capabilities across Analytics, Customer Experiences, Executive Reporting, Forecasting, and Sales Operations. This role will lead the transformation of commercial data operations in the changing business, data, and technology environment with increasing number of diverse data sources, vendors, and stakeholders. The Director of Commercial Data Operations will play a key part in delivering the necessary on-going data inputs and operational support for emerging strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives in the areas of digital transformation and Big Data. This role will manage strategic multi-year engagements with external data providers including IQVIA, Symphony, Specialty Pharmacies, and others. This team leader will lead the Data Operations and Master Data Management teams to deliver accurate and reliable data and operational support to stakeholders across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Data Operations and Master Data Management teams to deliver accurate, reliable, and timely data and operational support across key stakeholders in Analytics, Customer Experiences, Executive Reporting, Forecasting, and Sales Operations.
- Delivers on-going Executive Reporting deliverables to Senior Leadership; partners with Brand Insights and Analytics teams on analyses and responses to Wall Street and Investor Relations related questions and assessments; directly engages with Senior Leadership in resolving data issues and responding to questions.
- Drives overall vision and strategy for advancing commercial Data Governance, Stewardship, and Operating Model, to ensure the necessary on-going data input required for Company's emerging capabilities in digital transformation and Big Data.
- Partners with Data Strategy, Customer Experiences, Business Technology Services, Sales Operations, Real World Data and other functions across the enterprise to launch and scale new capabilities.
- Leads vision and strategy for establishing and advancing engagement models with an increasingly diverse set of external data providers to maximize impact and value across the enterprise.
- Leads negotiations with external data vendors for short-term and long-term data and services engagements across national and sub-national script data, Specialty Pharmacy data, Patient Level Data, promotional data, Lab data, and other data categories and sources.
- Manages ongoing engagements and budgets with external data vendors to ensure Company is getting the appropriate data, services, and support; anticipates, forecasts, and secures appropriate budget funds and support based on current and future business needs.
- Collaborates with Commercial Analytics & Operations and Business Technology Services colleagues to proactively identify and resolve various data and operational issues; leads impact assessments across franchises and therapeutic areas; proactively communicates to business stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Partners with Commercial Analytics & Operations, Global Marketing Analytics and Business Insights, and external data vendors to provide regular data education and training across the Commercial organization.
- Provides insight, knowledge, and coaching to build and develop employees.
- Drives Company Culture and Ways of Working to maximize team's impact and sustainable employee engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of professional experience in marketing and/or sales organizations to ensure understanding of business cases and applications
- 8-10 years demonstrated experience in delivering and leading data, analytics, or technology services in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries
- 3-5 years of experience leading teams
- 3-5 years of experience managing budgets
- 3-5 years of experience negotiating with and managing external vendors
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”