Direct Marketing Manager
City of Industry, CA
MUST HAVE SOLID DIRECT MAIL EXP. & ALSO BE TECHNICAL, ANALYTICAL & STRATEGIC.
Our client, a multi-channel retailer is searching for a Direct Marketing Manager who will provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills to ensure execution of direct marketing campaigns from ideation to post-execution analysis. This will require knowledge of customer contact strategy, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, segmentation, testing, relational databases, and effectively managing a team of analysts.
- Develop the strategy & testing roadmap for the direct mail program to optimize spend, increase EBITDA ROI, and increase repurchase rate.
- Ensure flawless execution of operational tasks related to direct marketing initiatives and recommend ways to optimize the process via automations & triggered programs.
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative data and analysis to develop a contact strategy across all channels to increase sales, frequency, engagement, retention, and reactivation rates by offering the right message, at the right time, in the right channel throughout the customer journey.
- Define test and learning objectives for CRM programs; manage the execution of tests and post-mortem analysis.
- Ownership of the onboarding and use of Redpoint (campaign management tool) for segmentation, building customer journeys, automations, etc.
- Foster and develop relationships with key strategic and operational vendors, as well as other internal teams (Ecomm, Marketing, Creative, IT).
- Communicate program results and recommendations to senior leadership, gaining approval and buy-in on strategy and goals.
- Develop and manage program budgets; work with Finance to align budget, forecast, and actuals.
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing, with a focus on direct/database marketing.
- Capable of independently accessing and leveraging large-scale databases using SQL and business intelligence tools to conduct analysis.
- Experience with campaign management tools (e.G. Redpoint, Unica, Adobe).
- Deep understanding of experimental test design methodologies and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation techniques, persona development, and lifecycle management.
- Experience in project management, planning, and process improvement, as well as problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Experience running marketing programs and developing strategies to optimize customer LTV.
- Mature and confident communicator comfortable with senior audiences.
- Strong ability to collaborate and partner with cross-functional business partners and vendors to execute strategy.
- Must have the ability to handle a wide range of responsibilities and work independently to achieve desired results; have sound judgment and business acumen.
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…