Demand Planning Manager
Portland, OR US
Reporting to a VP of Sales Operations & Demand Planning, this role will be directly responsible for maintaining SKU level demand plans for all Company divisions with the support of team members. The demand plan will be used as the main data set driving product purchases & inventory planning. You must be able to communicate collaboratively across all business functions. Main goal for the role is to ensure customer delivery requirements are met best, utilizing inventory and production resources.
- Continuously improve demand planning techniques, methods & approach relating & measuring the impact of forecast accuracy
- Monitor SKU levels & recommend SKU rationalization initiatives for the future
- Maintain forecast on a 16-month plan in collaboration w/ Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance.
- Assemble & analyze all data pertinent to creating the demand plan (sales forecast vs. Actual orders)
- Include in the demand plan all strategical information coming from Marketing & Sales
- Make adjustments to demand plan based on changes in demand resultant forecasts
- Prepare, report & communicate demand plans & inventory measurements to management
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between all functions involved
- Communicate product availability reports to sales for out of stock & new intros monthly
- Maintain slow moving & closeout lists
- Ensure availability of planning reports and analysis when requested
- Ensure the execution of all Demand Planning activities addressing, assessing, managing all activities of the team
- Oversee all activities related to the Collaborative Planning process
- Bachelor' s Degree
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Experience in scheduling, forecasting, procurement & planning
- Strong analytical skills & aptitude for problem solving
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing & supply chain issues
- Good communication & team building skills
- Detail oriented w extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheets analysis & strong mathematical abilities
- Experience with MRP functionality
- Knowledge of turn rates
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Collaborative skills in resolving long & short position in inventory
- Written & verbal communication skills & the ability to deal w professional client base
- Ability to exercise independent judgment & recognize financial impact to the business
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…