Customer Service Manager
Santa Fe Springs, CA
The Customer Service Manager will be an experienced leader who takes great pride in coaching, mentoring and motivating the team to grow professionally and consistently maintain high standards and exceed service level goals.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to a Customer Service department
- Supervise a team of 18-20 team members answering calls, emails and chats ranging from product/inventory questions to post-purchase issues regarding delivery status, shipping concerns, refunds, returns, replacements and other issues arising from order fulfillment.
- Leads all department initiatives and projects; serving as a primary stakeholder and at times project manager
- Regularly manage, monitor and share performance reports on various aspects of the department
- Manage all aspects related to the company' s customer care center, including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure timely response to all questions and concerns
- Conduct consistent call calibrations with call center to review agent performance and make recommendations for future improvements
- Coach Customer Care Team in order to achieve high performance
- Primary escalation points for the call center, responsible for handling any and all customer care issues including the timely resolution of any Better Business Bureau reports
- Ensure proper staffing levels, considering all special events and seasonality of online and store business
- Be collaborative, dependable, and respectful role model; communicate positively regarding retail management and company strategies
- Review scheduling weekly to ensure staff levels are appropriate for benchmark customer service
- Evaluate all department staff through the performance review process, discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies, and regularly follow up to ensure expectations are met
- Delegate daily tasks appropriately and effectively
- Manage seasonal training for all customer care agents
- Gain a strong understanding of the company' s product offerings and ensure regular updates to call center agents for continued education and improvement
- Set customer satisfaction goals and objectives and train, monitor, and coach team to meet them on a consistent basis
- Own, maintain, and update onsite customer care policies by working directly in the company' s web platform
- Stay current on latest customer service trends, identify both procedural and system improvements to enact change and implement said changes
- Provides back-up support by taking calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed
- Effectively interviews and recommends candidates for hire.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Company and/or your director or manager.
- 5+ years experience in customer service
- Retail or e-commerce experience required
- Fashion industry a plus
- 3 to 5 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred
- Outgoing, positive, energetic individual with a customer-first focus
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Detail-oriented, demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing new processes, tools and technology to take department to higher levels
- Results driven individual with experience communicating results across all levels of the organization
- Must be analytical and able to use data and metrics to drive the performance of their team
- Experience working with and understanding call center tools and technology
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint for reporting and presenting of ideas
- Experience managing projects and being a primary stakeholder to internal IT partners and external vendors
- Able to work on weekends and be flexible to adjust for changing business needs if needed
- Zendesk experience or comparable platform is required
*Job descriptions are merely a summary of the position. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change and may include any other that management finds necessary to successfully maintain operations.
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…