Culinary Sales Tech Manager
Buffalo, NY 14201
Responsible for assisting in the development and sales of Company products across multiple divisions with a strong emphasis on those products that would typically be used as a component or ingredient in another manufacturer’s finished product(s), or with the development of items for national chain accounts. Will be responsible for providing the culinary support and project management resources necessary to support new business opportunities in the Ingredient Sales Division and others. This individual will perform a wide range of duties related to directly support these activities including active hands-on involvement with the R&D Culinary team in the formulation of new or enhanced products for current or new customers of the Company. The individual will be involved in the planning, directing and implementing various programs consistent with Company and the division’s goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as appropriate.
1. Will work actively with the Director – R&D and Strategic Channels on the execution of a comprehensive sales plan for the Company’s Industrial Division and others.
2. Will be very familiar with the Company’s products and manufacturing capability. Will utilize this knowledge to support sales prospecting activities and develop new products to meet customers needs where appropriate.
3. Responsible for working actively ith the R&D Culinary Team and Business Development Resources Team to modify or develop unique products or applications that are required by customers (or potential customers).
4. Work closely with the Director – R&D and Strategic Channels and Senior Corporate Management to ensure that customer/business proposals are fully developed regarding costing and that margin requirements are satisfied.
5. Will actively participate in trade shows and industry organizations to present and demonstrate Company capabilities and to identify and develop contacts.
6. Responsible for developing a strong knowledge of industry trends and competitive practices. Will maintain relevant knowledge regarding food culinary trends.
7. To work actively with the Company’s Supply Chain Group on production planning, distribution and delivery. This would include any special handling or requirements our customer may require.
8. Responsible for developing a strong knowledge and ability to utilize the various sales tools that are in place in the Company.
9. Will respond quickly and appropriately to customer concerns regarding service, quality
or performance. Will communicate and coordinate with appropriate Company Associates to ensure a satisfactory response.
10. Maintains active communication with Manager by way of activity reports, call sheets
and expense reports.
11. Assists with the development of new products, menu ideas, sales collateral material,
marketing ideas, materials and product application for the Company Divisions.
12. Required to continually develop culinary skills, selling skills and industry knowledge.
13. Provides technical expertise to support Ingredient Division and National Chain Account sales goals. Functions as liaison between R&D, the business team and the customer.
14. Acquires a deep knowledge of product offerings and production capabilities of a technical nature and demonstrates the ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
15. Responsible for the creation and updating of product demonstrations to showcase the ingredient offerings.
16. Working closely with Sales, Marketing and the R&Ds staff will take the lead role in the development of product prototypes from ideation through complete production scale-up. Will work closely with the Operation staff ensuring that new products are appropriately introduced into the plant production cycle.
17. Will work with the Supply Chain and Procurement staff to develop raw material specifications and identify initial raw material sourcing for new products.
18. Responsible for the effective supervision of all staff assigned. This includes but not limited to assigning activities and continual follow-up, assisting with appraisals of performance, recommending training and development and communication of department objectives and activities.
19. Responsible for developing and revising manufacturing specifications, and establishment of production process and quality parameters, as appropriate.
20. Works with internal assets to assure products are within regulatory compliance.
21. Actively support sales with product sample needs, requests and Culinary representation at onsite and offsite cuttings.
22. Directs assigned Test Kitchen and Product Development Associates to achieve goals and objectives of department.
23. Other duties may be assigned as necessary to successfully achieve Company goals
24. Travel required up to 30%.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Ideally, incumbent will possess a Culinary degree or a BS degree in Food Science, Culinology or Food Engineering from an accredited institution with a strong background in product development that included prior sales experience.
2. A minimum of seven years in application based product development or technical sales and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience.
3. The individual must have strong culinary, communication, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
4. Customer focused, solution based attitude with strong personal leadership and drive for results.
5. Ability to work effectively with shifting priorities and multiple project deadlines.
6. Ability to learn quickly. Computer competent.
Director of Manufacturing Recruitment
Recruitment professional since 1983, Mary is the first associate of the firm since its inception. Through her many years of experience, she has developed long-lasting professional relationships and has developed an extraordinary network within the food manufacturing industries. Graduate of Hilbert College.