Commercial Account Manager
Buffalo, NY 14221
The Commercial Account Manager is responsible for developing strong relationships with assigned clients by being the primary contact for servicing needs and policy coverage questions including but not limited to: review and analysis of client's current insurance program, offering alternative options and presenting them to the client, and cross selling new insurance products to existing customers and to new prospects received from various sources.
1. Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of client and Program offerings including knowledge of business owners policies, workers compensation and other coverage placements as necessary
2. Work independently to assume daily servicing responsibility of assigned client relationships in accordance with agency standards and workflows; Servicing duties include renewals, providing summaries, ordering and issuing binders, certificates, policies, Auto ID cards, proposals, invoicing, audits and other insurance documents, adhering to pertinent laws, regulations and internal compliance
3. Obtain non-marketed renewal quotes from existing carriers, completing renewal processes and handle non-renewal and cancellations for cause
4. Prepare complete marketing submissions on existing clients as needed
5. Develop and maintain close coordination and teamwork with Producers, unit team members and others in Commercial Lines department; participate with special projects as requested
6. Demonstrate the standards and principles of the business experience in every interaction with internal and external customers, associates, and stakeholders. Incorporate the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example, and service in every facet of work.
7. This job description is not exhaustive. The Commercial Account Manager – Select and Program Unit may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associate’s Degree
Required: Years: 1+ Customer Service or Account Management experience in the Insurance industry
Preferred: Years: 3+ Customer Service or Account Management experience in the Insurance industry
Licenses or Accreditation:
New York State Property/Casualty Brokers License
1. Relevant knowledge of commercial property and casualty products, documents, procedures
2. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new and existing company software; Working knowledge of insurance agency management systems including EPIC
3. Able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
4. Able to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
5. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Executive recruiting since 1992. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “What areas of recruiting do you specialize in?” My answer is always, “Helping WNY businesses find amazing WNY talent.” It has been in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, sales or any other professional area.
The 12 years prior to joining DeBellis & Catherine Associates, he held human resources generalist positions at United Airlines, Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&T bank, specializing in recruiting and training. Vince holds a dual BS from State University College at Buffalo in business administration and education. He was named partner in January 2006 forming the new name of DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale.
- Hobbies/fun facts: Classic car enthusiast, golf