Wheatfield , NY 14120
Our client, and excellent locate company with an expanding business base is in need of a Chief Financial Officer. Job duties include ... '
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the CFO, under the guidance of the strategic and business priorities set by the CEO, provides leadership and managerial oversight of the accounting functions. The CFO is expected to have direct interactions with company lenders, investors, advisors and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities under the leadership of the CFO include budget development and monitoring, the annual external audit process, financial reporting to the Board and Finance Committees, monitoring cash flow and investments, and leading/supervision of support staff. In addition to this, the CFO’s team will manage the integrity, policies and processes of key accounting information systems and ensure the Company meets all legal, ethical, professional and internally established requirements including Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- As a member of the Leadership Team, provides strategic input and support of the mission, safeguards assets and oversees the efficient and effective accounting operations of the Company.
- Provides support and strategic advice to the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Supports the development and revision of the Financial Policies and Procedures of the organization.
- Reviews, monitors and enhances internal controls related to financial procedures.
- Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with GAAP.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains full cycle financial accounting systems.
- Reviews monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Experience in a public company and / or senior level public accounting
- Background in commercial real estate and a Canadian accounting expertise.
- Minimum 10+ years’ senior management experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP and CRA.
- MBA Preferred
- Public Company experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills - an innate ability to channel different points of view; able to establish and maintain trusting relationships and credibility; collaborative; effective negotiator. A genuine, authentic, engaging personality; combines energy and enthusiasm with an approachable style.
- Leadership – moves others to action by planning, motivating, organizing and setting goals; is professional with unquestionable integrity, high moral and ethical behavior. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and contribute to strategy at a senior level.
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.