CEO / Treasurer / Banking
Buffalo, NY 14201
Our client, a local credit union, is seeking a CEO for the Buffalo offices.
The CEO/Treasurer is responsible for establishing the strategic goals and future planning requirements to ensure the long term viability of the organization while keeping the best interests of the members foremost. Provides leadership and direction needed to carry out the policies established by the board of directors.
This position requires breadth and depth of experience in all aspects of operations and knowledge of all relevant rules and regulations of both state and federal regulators. Directs the marketing plan to grow the assets and membership of the organization while fostering creative staff involvement. Represents the organization in dealings with the regulatory agencies, trade associations, community and civic organizations and the members.
1. Responsible for all asset/liability management and strategic planning. Ensures all federal and state rules and regulations are adhered to. Has fiduciary responsibility for all funds, securities, valuable papers and other assets.
2. Manages and directs the investment portfolio while conforming to the board approved investment policy to ensure the safety, liquidity and yield of the portfolio,
3. Implements the board approved written credit policy to ensure the credit needs of the members are met within the framework of the policy. Ensures all applicable rules and regulations are followed. Develops new and enhances existing credit products. Recommends to the board loan rates to maintain competitiveness and profitability.
4. Develops and manages annual marketing plan and budget; ensures member awareness of products and services to drive growth and profitability.
5. Develops annual operating budget to control and manage income and expenses and ensures operating results conform to budget expectations. Recommends deposit rate changes to the board.
6. Ensures all internal and external audits are conducted timely and reviewed with the board and submitted to regulators. Takes all necessary action to correct any deficiencies noted.
7. Develops and oversees standards for hiring, training and supervision; establishes and maintains salary programs, accurate position descriptions, group life insurance, medical insurance and retirement plans within the framework of the Human Resource policy and employee handbook.
8. Ensures maximum regulatory compliance is maintained and is responsible for development of staff training.
Two or four year degree in Business/Finance or related field with at least 10 years broad and diverse experience in a financial institution is required. Senior level asset/liability management experience required
Knowledge of computer systems, accounting, human resources, marketing and operations required.
Above average interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.