Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client, a regional manufacturing company, is in need a of a Buyer/ Planner.
Job duties include...
The Buyer-Planner utilizes Visual ERP software for managing Work Orders and issuing of Purchase Orders. Develops/Manages suppliers for assigned commodities. Expedites Production and Manufacturing to meet project requirements.
- Sequences work orders, taking into consideration customer due dates, purchasing constraints, and work center capacity.
- Provides weekly scheduling updates to Manufacturing Supervisors.
- Advises the Senior Planner of bottlenecks or scheduling conflicts that will affect the project schedule.
- Coordinates resource scheduling to coincide with material delivery.
- Sets up manufacturing travelers for the shop.
- Issues material to jobs and closes out completed work orders.
- Makes recommendations for safety stocks.
- Monitors Work Order Labor and reconciles discrepancies.
- Provides Manufacturing with a daily schedule.
- Works with Customer Service to expedite priority replacement parts.
- Place’s Purchase orders for assigned vendors or commodities.
- Maintains vendor price lists and enters prices into Visual.
- Meets with Vendors to review cost, quality and schedule.
- Manages vendor relationships for assigned vendors, commodities.
- Maintain system of ordering materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Processes NCMR’s and gets corrective actions.
- Returns processing/credits.
- Generates and implements material cost savings.
- Periodic ERP system clean up.
- Expedites past due Purchase Orders and Manufacturing orders.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
- BS in relevant field, (industrial technology/engineering, materials management, Business)
- 5 years of direct experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of production planning / scheduling practices and procedures.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Knowledge about safety precautions and process while working.
- Problem solving – Ability to identify problems and the solutions to them.
- Familiar with Supplier and inventory management concepts.
- Attention to details and ability to understand and follow procedures.
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.