Business Solution Advisor
Hoffman Estates, IL | Remote Friendly
Headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL, and with locations around the world, my client is searching for dynamic, enthusiastic team members to contribute to the long term success of both our company and our clients!
Individuals in this role are expected to leverage their business and industry experiences to drive efficiencies and reduce complexity. The Business Advisor will collaborate with clients to understand their Go-To-Market business model, current challenges and implications of long-term strategies on their end-to-end business processes. As an expected outcome, clients would receive relevant recommendations for transformation opportunities, standardization, governance, operational efficiencies, and technology solutions. Candidates are expected to understand both how the company' s software solutions can support the expected outcome but also how their business and industry experience can help simplify/improve the client' s business process.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of business experiences, possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to understand enabling technologies that provide solutions to the clients. This position will pursue opportunities to realize business change or transformation activities can occur earlier in the lifecycle with clients, and in cases of an implementation, ensure business objectives are incorporated into project plans and delivered as part of any solution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Become a trusted advisor to the client to be able to provide ongoing guidance on end-to-end business processes and technology solutions for longer-term business initiatives.
- Facilitate business change or transformation activities with clients in the context of changing business practices independent from, or in conjunction with client migration to new technology platform.
- Lead assessments to evaluate client business practices and business processes, associated pain points, long-term strategies and deliver relevant recommendations from a business perspective.
- Leverage business and industry knowledge to provide new and alternative ways to address client problems by challenging the status quo – operationally and strategically.
- Understand and leverage software solution capabilities to provide solutions, drive efficiency and reduce complexity in client business model.
- Assist clients in the development of the business benefit case associated with a business or technology change, establish baseline and provide meaningful measurements to gauge success of the intended change.
- In conjunction with an implementation, ensure the client' s business objectives are incorporated into project plans, monitor progress of changes during the project, and confirm objectives are delivered in line with the technology solution.
- Be the liaison between the business and technical teams and solution capabilities.
- In implementation engagements, review and document current client business processes, support and influence design of the future business process.
- Contribute to stakeholder alignment and organizational change management activities.
- Advise the client on deployment alternatives, migration strategies, and assist in defining related test strategies.
- Participate in Company licensing activity to provide assistance to solve customer issues.
- 7 to 10 years of operational experience in contract management, pricing, trade programs (e.G. Channel tracking, MDF, sales rebates), vendor programs (e.G. Chargeback, purchase or sales based rebates), distributor or retail programs, or revenue management.
- Broad range and variety of Go-To-Market (GTM) business experiences within a company or across companies with demonstrated growth in responsibilities.
- Business experience across multiple industries with a preference towards consumer packaged goods (Client), Hi-Tech, Wholesale Distribution, Food Service, or Life Sciences.
- Ideal candidates come from one of several areas: (1) commercial operations; (2) field sales; (3) sales operations; (4) marketing; (5) finance; or (6) transformation office
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence end-to-end business solutions.
- Be able to bridge gaps in business process vs. Technology and develop alternatives.
- Advanced analytical skills with proficiency in software
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with unique ability to be a Liaison across business teams and between business and the technology teams.
- Independent thinking with keen problem solving skills and collaborative work style.
- Individuals who possess both operational experience with consulting experience a plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 75- 80%.
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”