Business Development Manager
Buffalo, NY 14201
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing electrical components business solutions for new and existing customers. The main goal is to develop new and existing relationships to partner with our customers. They will manage client accounts and develop new customers to provide engineered solutions. This includes new sales strategies, and business plans. The position requires approximately 25-30% travel and works closely with all departments, management, and outside service providers.
- Contact potential clients to establish relationship and arrange meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Provide technical solutions with customers to create new opportunities
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in-line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, industry events, and presentations
Competencies: to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Customer Orientation: Stays close to customers and consumers. View the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. Continually seeks information and understanding regarding market trends.
- Quality Excellence - Models standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. Continually seeks to improve processes and products and hold staff accountable for quality.
- Initiative - Proactive and acts without being prompted. Don’t wait to be told to do or when to do something. Sees a need, takes responsibility and act on it. Make things happen.
- Organizing and Planning - Strong organizing and planning skills that allows highly productive and efficient. Manages time wisely and effectively prioritizes multiple competing tasks. Plans organizes and actively manages meetings for max productively.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies problem, solves them, acts decisively and show good judgment. Isolates causes from symptoms, and compile information and alternatives to illustrate problems or issues. Involves others as appropriate and gather information from a variety of sources. Readily commits to action and makes decisions that reflect sound judgment.
- Team Player - Identifies with larger organizational team and role within it. Shares resources, responds to requests from other parts of the organization and supports larger legitimate organizational agendas as more important than local and personal goals.
- Technology Savvy - Uses technology and understands necessity of leveraging it to stay productive and competitive. Proactive in investigating and adopting new technologies to achieve competitive advantage
Qualifications: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job.
Bachelors or MBA Degree preferred. Electrical engineering preferred.
3 – 5 years’ experience in a Business Development/Sales manager function in a fast-moving manufacturing environment required
Knowledge of general processes and procedures of sales and customer service
Competent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
Competent in Internet software, Microsoft Office including Word and Excel software.
Ability to adapt and be flexible in a changing environment.
Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment
Experience with Government and ITAR related contracting
Possess experience working with customers in a technical solutions environment.
Ability to understand electrical and mechanical needs of the customer
Ability to travel approximately 25-30%
Meet Your Recruiter
Michael DeBellis, Jr.
Recruitment professional since 1978 with disciplines in sales / marketing, engineering, manufacturing, accounting / finance, human resources and general management. Previous experience includes college recruiting, advertising / sales promotions and Fortune 500 consumer product sales. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel in 1978 and left as assistant manager in 1982 to form DeBellis Associates. Joe Catherine joined Mike in July 1983 and formed DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Longtime employee Vince Morreale was named partner in 2006 and the name changed to DeBellis, Catherine, Morreale – corporate staffing. Mike holds a BS in business management / marketing from SUNY Empire State College. Mike is a former member of the executive board of the WNY Chapter of the American Heart Association, member of the board of directors of Heritage Christian Services, past board member and vice president of the board of governors at the Park Country Club in Williamsville, NY and actively participates as a volunteer with Special Olympics and various activities with children & adults with special needs. He is an avid golfer and has published his first children’s book, called “Charlie and the Cardboard Box, ” a story about a little boy who needs to use a wheelchair. The book illustrates that despite disabilities, these kids have the same dreams and aspirations as everyone else.