Associate Director, Market Access Insights
Associate Director, Market Access Insights - Chicago suburbs:
As the leader of the research and analytics team supporting all Oncology/Neurology Market Access Marketing, this individual will play an important role in upcoming product launches as well as ensuring the continued success of the brand within Managed Markets. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Franchise Market Research/Analytics, Franchise Marketing, and Market Access Marketing to drive insights that identify commercial opportunities and threats, support the development of market access strategies and tactics, foster continuous learning from research and analytics, and ensure market access alignment across franchise centric research and analytics.
The Market Access Insights function focuses on improving the effectiveness of managed care messaging and tactics across multiple customer segments through a combination of custom research, secondary data analysis and syndicated studies. The Associate Director is responsible for insights generated through customer research, product specific studies, and syndicated services and is knowledgeable in demonstrating how to integrate and consume secondary data. These insights are critical to develop and optimally execute Company market access strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Market Access Insights Associate Director will be responsible for guiding the communication of research/analytical findings and recommendations, ensuring that the insights are reflected into strategies and tactics. Key areas of functional scope include:
- Collaborating with Brand and Market Access Marketing leadership to co-create and support market access strategies, identify potential tactical initiatives, enhance value messaging and develop metrics for measuring success.
- Ensuring seamless integration and collaboration within Commercial analytics and operations departments (ie, Compliance, Sales Planning, Sales Reporting, Sales Operations, Training, Legal, Pricing, Finance, etc.) to maximize impact.
- Building relationships internally e.G., Franchise Market Research/Analytics, Brand Marketing & Sales, etc. To accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Demonstrating proficiency in understanding the implications of Government Policy and impacts on the health care landscape, payors (both private and governmental), delivery systems, trade & distribution systems and have significant understanding of Oncology landscape.
- Teaching and utilizing analytical methods in the areas of optimization, hypothesis testing, experimental design, and predictive analytics.
- Prioritizing the work of the team to adequately support key initiatives within project timelines and effectively communicating priorities to stakeholders.
- Guiding a team responsible for:
a. Understanding market research design and implications for the customer segment, identifying sound approaches to research based on the hypotheses and situational constraints, interpreting research findings and synthesizes them into actionable business insights, differentiating analytical techniques based on their appropriate use, working collaboratively with other functions and vendors on the design and management of research.
b. Demonstrating awareness, use and integration of secondary data sources, integrating findings across studies to provide strategic insight, and guiding research decisions based on applicability and limitations of primary versus secondary research.
c. Delivering research and analytical findings objectively to Market Access and Franchise Leadership, and other internal customers, regardless of the implications of their results.
d. Conducting analytics though the integration of complex datasets
- Completing human resource responsibilities, including conducting timely and effective coaching and feedback, goal setting, competency monitoring, development planning and formal reviews
- Adhering to all financial policies, including purchase order and compliance processes.
- Maintaining current on all required certification and compliance programs.
- Ensuring all direct reports are adhering to the policies and have appropriate certifications completed.
- Communicating to staff all pertinent information related to Divisional and Departmental strategies/initiatives.
- Required: Bachelors degree in one of the following fields: Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics, Market Research, Social Sciences
- Strongly Preferred; Masters/MBA
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical information sources.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in market analytics, marketing research, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Market Access related functions with strong knowledge of PBMs, Health Plans, Employers, Specialty Pharmacies, GPOs developing gross/net pricing recommendations, customer specific contracting strategies, formulary access bids, value messaging, value based analytics, policy analytics, etc...
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs.
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful story telling.
- Proven ability to influence the development of IT systems required to support analytic data consumption.
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”