Associate Director, Market Research
The Associate Director Research Manager will be a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, leveraging superior customer and marketplace understanding to formulate and execute marketing research programs that deliver insights which highlight business opportunities and guide brand strategy.
Key Responsibilities: Includes:
- Act as marketing research lead for designated therapeutic area. Become a trusted advisor to therapeutic area leadership, guiding commercial brand strategy and advising tactical initiatives based on superior customer insights.
- Create, maintain and ensure timely execution of the marketing research plans for the designated therapeutic area, driving alignment with brand strategy and adapting to evolving business needs.
- Possess an expert understanding of custom research methodologies. Is highly proficient at supplier and stakeholder management, and lead custom research programs to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Lead the Insight discovery process to uncover and define motivating insights across the customer base.
- Collaborate with and influence the brand team and agency to drive greater business outcomes.
- Inform the brand planning process based on a deep understanding of all stages of the patient journey, as well as stakeholder influences throughout the journey. Clarify moments of meaning and highlight opportunities to enhance the patient experience. Develop plans to prioritize and address insights gaps.
- Participate actively in the creative development process, informing the creative brief and creative concept development and assessment by representing the voice of the targeted customer.
- Maintain organizational knowledge on all insights and performance data generated relative to the therapeutic area supported; including market and competitive trends, health care environmental influences and investment performance against various channels. Possess a strong understanding of industry secondary data and syndicated sources and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Possess a curiosity and openness to new insight methodologies and a drive to expand the toolkit to better serve the business.
- Interact with Centers of Excellence within the Marketing Analytics and Business Insights department (Advanced Analytics, Payor Analytics) to develop and convey to commercial teams a holistic perspective relative to commercial influences.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. MBA or MA preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 8+ years relevant marketing research experience, previous experience in a consultative role a plus.
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities and equally excellent tactical execution skills.
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Senior Executives.
- Expert knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as a high performer and thought leader
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”