Assistant Digital Marketing Manager
Buffalo Grove, IL
My client is looking for an Assistant Marketing Manager who will help develop the company marketing both tactically and strategically.
Role responsibilities include tracking marketing KPIs (leads, conversion rates, digital metrics, other metrics) and helping the team to execute online (PPC, Web) and offline (direct mail) marketing. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with understanding SEO/SEM and PPC campaigns. Candidates should also have development experience with vendors and be comfortable with analyzing marketing data and creating actionable insights.
Ultimately, you will help us ensure we spend our marketing budget efficiently and we target our audience through successful campaigns.
- Manage SEO vendor relationship
- Work with SEO/PPC vendor to implement improvements to company web site redesign and paid search campaigns.
- Work with IT and use internal tools to update website content and redirects.
- Develop documented testing strategies and use analytical tools to explain to company leadership group changes in sales.
- Troubleshooting. For example, working with digital vendor to quickly understand causes for changes to online revenue.
- Measure ROI of online and offline advertising campaigns
- Assist in monitoring of marketing KPIs using Google Analytics, Google Ads, Bing, and other tools.
- Track email campaign metrics (delivery, open, click-through rates)
- Recommend website and campaign optimizations
- Research and implement marketing tools to support our promotional projects (automation software, social media scheduling etc.)
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to identify opportunities for new client acquisition
- 1 – 4 years of previous work experience in a marketing role
- Work experience using different tools to maintain and update web pages
- Understanding of SEM campaign strategies and SEO practices
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Understanding of response rates, return on ad spend, and other key metrics used with direct marketing.
- Analytical abilities – ability to clearly explain what the marketing data means and how company should use this information
- Strong quality control skills, ideally with documentation and checklist development experience
- Degree in Marketing or relevant field
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”