Buffalo, NY 14222
Our client, an expanding regional company in Buffalo, NY is seeking a qualified Assistant Controller to oversee the day-to-day accounting functions of the company, month-end accounting close activities, preparation of financial statements, bank reconciliations, accounts receivable and accounts payable activities.
- Prepare month end close and financial reports.
- Prepare financial statements for management and prepare variance analysis monthly.
- Analyze financial results for trends and opportunities to guide business leaders.
- Responsible for construction accounting and reporting, including preparation of AIA reports, retainage reports and cost summaries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all assigned accounts.
- Responsible for resolving accounting issues relating to AR & AP activities, including process improvements.
- Work with management team to develop financial spreadsheets and conduct analyses of construction and development projects, as well as business operations.
- Prepare construction cost analysis reports.
- Prepare year-end working papers in support of external audits.
- Respond to internal and external requests in a service-oriented manner.
- Be innovative and identify opportunities to improve process efficiency, productivity, and quality.
- Act with discretion to maintain confidentiality and accuracy of records.
Individual must have a solid understanding of GAAP. Individual must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual must have excellent computer skills. Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Timberline or CompterEase knowledge a plus. Requires 7 years accounting experience with 2 years managerial experience preferred. CPA or CMA preferred. 4-year degree in Accounting. Experience with month-end close and preparing financial reports, developing annual budgets and financial plans in a construction environment (preferred). Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving, organized, team player, strong attention to detail, time management skills.
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.