Van Nuys, CA
**Must have worked in-house before, not just on the agency side. Will not consider long term freelancers or contractors**
Our client is a fast growing consumer products-company with 7 global offices generating over $300 million in annual sales. We are passionate, creative, believe in only making the best products, and we're looking for team members who think big, move fast, work smart, and have a desire to do things better. We pride ourselves in hiring great people with the talent it takes to keep up with our growth.
Art Directors at our company have arguably the most creative position in the company. The global Brand Design team (headquarters located in Van Nuys) is comprised of 360 designers, copy writers, a structure and production team, traffic managers, a photo/video producer, and some phenomenal interns. We are a close-knit department that work at warp speed. We do not use outside creative agencies as we are the real deal and have the awards to back it up! Beyond captivating creative skills, the 2 most essential ingredients for success here are a sense of humor and insatiable curiosity. You must have experience managing designers in an in-house Client environment. Agency experience in Client is helpful but not aligned to the needs of this role. This position reports directly to the global VP of Brand Design/Creative Director.
- Manage and lead 2-3 members of the Brand Design team by demonstrating enthusiasm for the creative landscape and new technologies. Contribute strong, inspirational, and relevant creative thinking. Ensure the Creative Team delivers on business objectives
- Responsible for helping to shape the global creative vision
- Assist leading the creation of company branding to ensure delivery of market-moving, break through creative across all customer facing touch points, including CSR efforts, packaging, marketing collateral, digital, social media, trade shows, sales materials, among others
- Ensure that the brand and visual identity (for company and all sub brands) is consistently applied to all collateral and marketing materials across the company. Drive creative consistency into global markets. Ensure consistent application of the brand, internally and externally with third parties (agencies, retailers, etc).
- Conceptualize and lead the effort to design and deliver brand style guides and creative assets for packaging and digital platforms
- Assist in providing the vision for photography for use in packaging, advertising, social media, and Ecommerce. Direct and ensure photography and video imagery is consistent with company Brand and Creative Vision
- Ensure execution of a thoughtful creative strategy and positive user interface across multiple digital platforms
- Lead daily team critiques of designer's work to develop team skill sets and designer's confidence while delivering the highest level of creative possible from filtering and applying the feedback
- Minimum 8 plus years in Client industry experience combining creative strategy, content, and messaging with creative deliverables.
- Experience working with high-visibility brands with many invested stakeholders: Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Social Media, and E Commerce, and Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire both internal and external creative teams
- Understanding of all dimensions of communication: business strategy and experience design, with the ability to translate this into effective innovative and integrated marketing programs.
- Proven ability to execute visionary design strategies.
- Expert knowledge in Macintosh platform, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign.
- Expert knowledge in the graphic production and printing process.
- Must have worked in-house before, not just on the agency side. Will not consider long term freelancers or contractors
Executive Director of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”