Architectural CAD Draftsperson
Buffalo, NY 14202
Our client is currently seeking an Architectural CAD Draftsperson for a well-known company in the Buffalo, NY area. This person will be responsible for creating work drawings of site plans, building layouts from general information provided, sketches, etc. In addition, this person will propose design changes, ensuring quality in construction, adherence to codes and regulations. Propose and make changes to incomplete drawing. Develop and adhere to department procedures for proper maintenance of all CAD drawings (including, but not limited to discs, vellums, as-builds, etc).
Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new or remodeled commercial buildings. Provide working drawings for either or all of the following: building “shell” and concept design, façade and concept, and tenant layouts for retail and hotels. Verify existing conditions by review of construction pictures and field measuring. Coordinate design of commercial drawings from conceptual to completed plans. Review work submitted for commercial and industrial drawings, and prepare CAD drawings. Plan/coordinate drawings construction jobs with aid of construction management team, outside Architects and other CAD Operators.
- Ensure adherence to NY State uniform building codes and design criteria of BDCI and specific tenants.
- Create legal descriptions of tenant’s demised areas for legal department to prepare lease agreements.
- Prepare drawings of site plans (i.e. parking layout, grading, etc).
- Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate constructions.
- Research, review and interpret and understand municipality zoning/code information. Research town codes and review with building inspectors. Communicate with municipalities, verbally or in writing. Prepare submittals to towns for approvals. Submit Packages to municipalities for preliminary approval
- Create tenant layouts and obtain Tenant approval.
- Provide information when required, for cost estimating, such as blank layouts and processing sketches.
- Assist in the follow-up of prototype construction with outside vendors. Review and approve drawings from vendors (i.e., structural, steel, cabinetry, etc.)
A 2-year design drafting degree and experience in drafting and design is preferred. Excellent organizational and communication skills. 2 + years experience in architectural CAD.
Director of Corporate Recruiting
Andrew has worked in the recruitment industry since 2014, primarily within the accounting and financial services field. With previous experience working for one of the largest privately held staffing agencies in the United States, Andrew gained experience in B2B sales, talent management and the sourcing and recruiting of local professionals.
In terms of Andrew’s educational background, he graduated from Saint Bonaventure University with a bachelor’s degree in business marketing. He joined the DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale team in the beginning of 2018 as the director of corporate recruiting, where his primary focus is within the Buffalo market. He strives to build strong, long-lasting relationships with both candidates and clients by matching talented professionals with local industry leaders. His recruiting experience ranges among multiple professional disciplines, specifically within the retail, financial services and manufacturing sectors.
- Andrew enjoys spending time with his friends and family, golfing and travelling in his spare time.