Accounts Payable Associate
Orchard Park, NY US
Our client, a local construction company, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. The job is on-site in Orchard Park.
Reporting to the Accounting supervisor, the AP Specialist is responsible for receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling vendor invoices for various companies.
- Process accounts payable invoices and ensure accurate coding and approval
- Print required journals, balance and update being cognizant of period closings
- Prepare and process weekly check runs
- Maintain accurate records of all accounts payable transactions
- Check approved invoices for tax status and collect all receipts and reimbursement requests
- Manage all W-9 forms and process year 1099 forms
- Miscellaneous duties including entering & filing purchase & change orders, entering & filing subcontractor insurance certificates and reviewing vendor and credit card statements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounts payable or related field, construction industry is preferred
- Proficiency in accounting software, Timberline/Sage 300 is a huge plus
- Strong knowledge of account reconciliation principles and practices
- Familiarity with governmental accounting regulations and NYS sales tax regulations
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Emily has been recruiting since 2019. She has national recruiting experience, primarily focused in healthcare but is excited to transition her specialty into the marketing and analytics sector. Emily is a graduate of the State University of New York at Geneseo and has previous work experience in politics, project management and insurance. She is passionate about helping candidates find opportunities where their careers can thrive! When she’s not working, Emily enjoys spending her time listening to music and podcasts, traveling, watching the Buffalo Bills and being outdoors in the warmer months.