Buffalo, NY 14213 US
Combine your classic accounting background with your operational and HR knowledge to lead the accounting function at one of WNY’s most established construction contractors.
You will join a very cohesive company culture where many employees have been employed for over 15 years. Working daily in the Buffalo based office, you’ll focus on a combination of strategic, tactical, and operational accounting including working in areas including budgeting, reporting, tax, payroll, and many other integral company functions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage monthly accounting close, year-end audits/financials, and prepare year end 1099s.
- Prepare yearly budgets.
- Manage cash flow including overhead checks, vendor checks, contract billings, and reporting.
- File monthly sales tax and estimated tax payments.
- Gather, enter, and certify payroll.
- Oversee creation of workforce, employment, and local labor utilization reports.
- Work with new and retained employees on functions such as disability forms, and wage schedules, and workers comp forms.
You will need to have previous experience in accounting, preferably within the construction, development, or contractor industries.
This role will be fully in office which is located on the Upper West Side neighborhood of Buffalo. Compensation will range in the $75-85K neighborhood with benefits and 401K match.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive recruiting since 1992. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “What areas of recruiting do you specialize in?” My answer is always, “Helping WNY businesses find amazing WNY talent.” It has been in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, sales or any other professional area.
The 12 years prior to joining DeBellis & Catherine Associates, he held human resources generalist positions at United Airlines, Merck Pharmaceuticals and M&T bank, specializing in recruiting and training. Vince holds a dual BS from State University College at Buffalo in business administration and education. He was named partner in January 2006 forming the new name of DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale.
- Hobbies/fun facts: Classic car enthusiast, golf