Accountant / Financial Analyst
Lockport, NY 14094
Our client, an excellent manufacturing company, is looking for a FT Financial Analyst. Job duties include:
Job/Product Costing: (centralized North & South)
• Assign daily shop floor production batches (pre-press) in Monarch.
• Review shop floor production batches, make changes and close batches.
• Run process shipper daily report and create daily material batch in Monarch.
• Review all completed production jobs for proper costing and correct errors, if necessary.
• Review raw material costs and finished goods costs to ensure accuracy.
• Review and close production and finished goods jobs in Monarch.
• Input daily use of plates and cartons in SAP and/or Monarch.
• Maintain financial accuracy of inventory (RM, WIP &FG).
• Monthly cycle counts & inventory adjustments.
• Ensure that inventory is valued properly and conforms to GAAP.
• Annual physical inventory for Sanborn.
• Work with Controller, VP Operations, Sales Director & CFO to assist in preparation of annual budget. (Sales budget, Mfg budget, SG&A budget and Fixed Asset budget)
• Process daily batch input invoice sessions in SAP.
• Reconcile, balance and close daily cash receipt batches in Monarch.
• Review all cash entered in SAP and balance to the monthly cash excel spreadsheet.
• Maintain fixed asset ledger system in SAP for companies 0076, 0074 and 0081. Record and reconcile monthly depreciation.
• Verify accuracy of received not vouchered report in SAP (A/P pending).
• Prepare reconciliations for prepaids, loans, workers comp, employee receivable, A/P, A/P pending, accrued accounts, In-transit.
• Prepare and enter in SAP monthly journal entries for Recurring and Standard entries (Sanborn and Johnson City).
• Prepare and enter in SAP monthly Adjusting entries (Sanborn and Johnson City).
Other duties, responsibilities, and report preparation:
• Prepare monthly segmentation report, verity sales & costing accuracy.
• Prepare YTD segmentation report.
• Prepare monthly benchmark data report.
• Prepare weekly work center analysis report.
• Prepare monthly cash flow report.
• Prepare monthly repairs & maintenance, supplies expense by work center. Monitor Pint Size expense to make sure costs are being billed.
• Assist/support annual audit-client prepared schedules.
• Back up PR/HR/Benefit Desk.
• Assist A/R-record incoming checks received on high volume days, A/R invoice checking, process PayPal (print labels), credit cards processing.
• Review all A/P vouchers for accuracy, review weekly check run.
• Periodically process monthly credit card bill.
• Periodically review and approve weekly payroll run.
• Provide monthly sales data as soon as invoicing is complete.
• Complete monthly personnel cost /headcount report and distribute.
• Complete monthly wage breakdown.
• Organize and assemble monthly binders for General Journal Entries and Account Reconciliations.
• Prepare schedule for yearly personal property tax audit.
2 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or distribution company, and solid SAP or Monarch software background.
Call Joe Catherine: (716) 632-1500 and/or send your resume to: [email protected]
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Recruiter, Emeritus Partner
Recruitment professional since 1970 with disciplines in accounting / finance, construction management and banking, manufacturing, and human resources. He started in the business with AFCO Personnel Services in 1970 and after two years was appointed manager and then managing partner. Joe merged AFCO Personnel Services in 1983 at which time he and Mike DeBellis founded DeBellis & Catherine Associates. Joe attended SUNY at Buffalo studying liberal arts and sociology. He was active with the Niagara Falls & Buffalo Chamber of Commerce, executive committee for the Porter Cup amateur golf tournament and was on the St. Mary's Hospital Foundation Board of Directors. He is currently an active member with the Williamsville Rotary Club.