AVP, New Product Development
Large insurance company seeks a leader with insurance product management experience for a visible, high level, growth role in Product Management. The position is responsible for overseeing the development of new products and management of several critical product management functions within the organization. The focus will be on leading efforts on the development/retooling of insurance products, so property and casualty (P&C) insurance experience is key.
Role reports to a Vice President of Product Management and works closely with a senior leadership team to provide updates on performance. Additional interactions include meetings with Operations, Government Affairs, Compliance, Claims, IT leadership, Sales and Service, and other areas within the company.
This position will have 3-5 direct reports and will manage a team of 30+ people.
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Product Management: Responsible for homeowner's product management and underwriting for the geographic footprint where the company writes business, including:
a. Managing rate filings in the states to ensure the company is priced to achieve the required return across all products and segments;
b. Understanding the drivers of profitability on a state-by-state basis, and what actions can be taken to improve performance
c. Continuously analyzing whether the company is selling the right products, to the right customer segments, at the right price;
2. Contribute to the development of new products: Participates in discussions pertaining to product changes and new product development and work with others on the Product Management team to bring these products to market;
3. Manage a team of business oriented actuaries and analysts: Manage and develop managers and individual contributors on the team to grow talent and increase productivity.
1. Relevant Experience: Minimum of 15+ years of professional experience, including insurance product management and team management;
2. Educational Credentials: A graduate degree is preferred, though demonstrated success in professional leadership will also be considered
3. Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan;
4. Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses;
5. Analytical Rigor: Proven capability conducting and managing quantitative analysis;
6. Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, and at all levels of an organization;
7. Team Player: The candidate will need to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. You must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
Vice President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting in the marketing industry since 1999, Rachel specializes in the recruitment of direct/database/digital/analytical/CRM/e-commerce marketing professionals nationwide. In her previous role as managing director, Rachel built a team of three recruiters to meet the demands of her thriving clientele. Rachel has placed hundreds of marketing professionals across the country in major corporations, retailers, e-tailers, agencies, suppliers, consulting firms and startup companies, ranging from C-Level to individual contributors. Rachel has also worked in marketing management account services at UPSHOT (clients included: Coca-Cola Brands, Jim Beam Brands, Procter & Gamble and Sony Electronics) and BBDO Atlanta (client: Delta Airlines). Rachel holds a B.A. in journalism from The Ohio State University.
- Fun facts: Loves to travel, hike and proud mom of two!
- Won my honeymoon to French Polynesia
- Backpacked through Europe for seven weeks
- Visited 20 countries so far…