Corporate Attorney - Leasing
Manage a high volume of leases, and in a professional manner, negotiate, draft and revise tenant leases
and related agreements. Assist in managing eminent domain, government incentive (i.E. IDA) matters, and
purchase and sale transactions.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate with leasing agents regarding lease documents and deals made with tenants or
proposed tenants. Assist leasing agents with prospective tenant proposals, including LOI's and
check restrictions. Meet with leasing agents to review lease terms, status.
2. Present proposed and existing lease deals, lease modifications, and completed leases, and
react/respond to changes as requested.
3. Negotiate leases, lease amendments, waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels, and termination
agreements with tenants, attorneys, and brokers. Draft and revise leases and lease amendments for
new and existing tenants. Collect information and exhibits from other departments for final lease
review. Provide information and direction to administrative staff in implementing lease terms (i.E.
providing dates necessary for lease commencement). Answer questions regarding leases.
4. Assist in preparing purchase and sale contracts. Work on due diligence requirements in preparing
5. Negotiate ancillary lease forms, such as waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels, termination
agreements, rental agreements, etc.
6. Maintain awareness of lease terms, obligations, and responsibilities required in each lease (such as
meeting penalty and dead dates), and exclusives and restrictions to avoid violations of existing
7. Prepare post-lease execution documents such as waivers, SNDA's, and TI allowance.
8. Provide assistance to departments regarding insurance claims, lease claims, and tenant disputes
regarding lease terms and collections.
9. Assist in handling all aspects of eminent domain matters. Assist with all aspects of complying
with and applying for government incentives (i.E. Industrial Development Agency benefits)
10. Ensure completion of weekly lease listing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
DISCLAIMER The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirement J.D. Required, in addition to 5+ years practicing law.
Specific knowledge of commercial real estate leasing is required. Experienced in contract negotiations. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal a necessity; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Proven ability to multitask, managing multiple real estate files in an effective and efficient manner.
RELATIONSHIPS Reports to Counsel, Director, Legal Leasing. Works closely with tenants and outside counsel for tenants to negotiate leases and contracts. Work with other company departments such as sign design and construction to provide lease information. Work with commercial brokers and banking representatives.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, National Recruiter
Peggy is the newest exciting addition to our staff and joined DeBellis, Catherine & Morreale in 2020. Bringing 15 years of recruiting experience, Peggy brings 20+ years of solid experience to the DCM team! In addition to her degree in Marketing from SUNY Alfred State, she has a demonstrated history in successful placements in the areas of Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, Medical, Accounting/Finance and Engineering. Peggy prides herself on working tirelessly to help clients and candidates alike find a great fit for their businesses and careers. Taking her passion for recruitment outside of the workplace, Peggy has used her volunteer time to speak at local colleges to help student-candidates early on in their careers with critical skills for future success such as guidance on creating a solid resume, conducting a successful job search, and the all-important interview preparation.
When not working hard recruiting, Peggy enjoys traveling and exploring new places, gardening, and baking.