Director of Marketing
Van Nuys, CA US
Director of Marketing hybrid Los Angeles area:
* Relocation assistance is offered*
The Director of Marketing will be a curious, passionate, and creative leader with experience in all facets of marketing, including developing a strategy for a new brand, category, and product line, core competencies in digital marketing and e-commerce, and hands-on experience in launching new products, both direct to consumer and retail.
This person must have a proven track record in running successful e-commerce businesses that maintained significant YOY growth by driving consumer acquisition and retention strategies. You have hired and developed teams across multiple consumer product categories. You must have excellent interpersonal skills that drive unified strategies and products. You are a data-driven decision-maker; able to bring order to a new initiative for the company.
What You'll Do
- Report directly to the CEO
- Establish strategic marketing plans for new brand and products to support DTC sales and revenue objectives.
- Responsible for driving eCommerce revenue, acquisition, and achieving channel profitability goals in order to hit targets and continue to drive channel goals.
- Create results and insights-driven marketing strategies that can be translated across direct-to-consumer, retail, and owned social channels.
- Develop strategies for future growth through analyzing related categories and proposing line expansion opportunities for future development as well as lead planning and execution efforts to support the growth of the brand's DTC businesses.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share. Monitor category performance across eCommerce and Brick and Mortar retailers, identifying ways to grow share, improve set performance, drive reviews, or fill gaps.
- Effectively persuades key stakeholders, including executives, retail buyers, and cross-functional team members, of key ideas and strategies for your business. Strong presence and communication are key!
- Participate in key sales meetings with specialty and eCommerce channels.
- Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and provides feedback for future product development.
- Develops and manages marketing team and operating budget.
- MBA or equivalent; with 7+ years of related marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7+ years experience developing brands using primarily alternative marketing vehicles (social media; channel marketing; etc.).
- Expert knowledge of DTC e-commerce understanding of what drives e-commerce sales and a passion for user experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics in new and competitive markets.
- Must be creative, resourceful, and decisive with strong problem-solving and team/consensus-building skills, able to manage multiple projects, meet/exceed deadlines and expectations, and adjust quickly and effectively to change.
- Strong presentation skills for senior management and retailer presentations
Meet Your Recruiter
President of Marketing Recruitment
Executive recruiting since 2006, specializing in the placement of marketing professionals nationwide in the areas of direct marketing. Including: e-commerce, CRM, analytics, database marketing, website analytics, integrated marketing, loyalty marketing, product/brand marketing and much more….
Holly is a results-driven professional with 10+ years of marketing experience – from market research to circulation/catalog and project management experience. Holly has transitioned her experience in the marketing field to recruiting. Holly’s recent successes have been in placing candidates from the level of vice president to manager level in all fields of marketing. She works in various industries such as: big box retail, e-tailers, financial services, CPG/pharmaceutical companies and advertising agencies. Holly holds a B.A. in arts & sciences from Syracuse University.
Mom of two beautiful daughters and yoga enthusiast. “Yoga has been part of my life for four years and my practice has helped me grow both spiritually and physically, both on and off the mat. Yoga inspires me to live each day more mindfully.”