Digital Marketing Manager
La Plata, MD
The ideal candidate is self-driven, highly analytical and capable of working at a strategic level while simultaneously executing on a tactical level. Looking for someone with a strong background in a broad range of channels, including mobile, search engine optimization, pay-per-click, email marketing, social media marketing and analytics. This person must have an eye for impactful, creative development and storytelling – integrated with a natural ability to lead.
In addition to learning and applying current best practices, candidate will need to find, implement and test new and/or better approaches with the goal of increasing market share cost-effectively.
- Leads a data-driven digital marketing strategy, including budgets, platforms, campaigns, KPIs, timelines, reporting and related program aspects to support achievement of the organization' s goals.
- Manages all digital platforms and channels, including mobile, web, social media, AdWords, re-targeting, SEO, display and content marketing and dashboards.
- Writes digital marketing plans that articulate effective and innovative content marketing strategies and tactics, with the ability to keep the customer' s perspective at the forefront of all strategic marketing initiatives.
- Collaborates with Category Management, Marketing and Operations for new product rollouts and new or redeveloped retail locations to create innovative digital marketing campaigns that drive trial, sales and customer traffic.
- Leverages consumer insights to ideate and test new digital marketing initiatives to drive incremental profitable transactions through in-store, mobile and online presence.
- Develops solutions to enhance visitor experience, maximize existing and potential revenue opportunity with new digital marketing attribution initiatives such as in-store beacons, location-based advertising, and campaign management software solutions.
- Drives the development of key digital marketing projects and programs (e.G., mobile app enhancements, online ordering) to support the overall brand strategy and to optimize business results.
- Presents monthly campaign-specific strategic plans and performance updates via reporting to key internal stakeholders against goals (KPIs and ROI) and identifies trends and opportunities for improvements to facilitate conversation and action.
- Provides performance analysis and makes spend shift and optimization recommendations across all digital channels.
- Directs the development of customer experience assessment tools focused on customer mobile and web behavior patterns.
- Drives continuous improvement through implementation of new and creative ideas; develop a robust test and learn plan.
- Ensures all digital assets and ad placements are consistent with brand guidelines and meet legal requirements. Maintains digital asset guidelines and ensures consistency of messaging and visual elements.
- Provides guidance to help grow mobile and online community and cascades learnings throughout the organization.
- Develops copy blocks for mobile, website placement, email inclusion or other elements where copy/content is key.
- Assists with the requirements gathering of new mobile and site functionality, working cross functionally with other teams (IT, Brands, Category Management, Operations) to drive implementation and changes.
- Work with other marketing, digital and content associates, both inside and outside the company to craft an integrated and results driven agenda to meet business needs and timelines, on a brand and local level.
- Sources and manages new agency partners as may be needed.
- Bachelor' s degree in marketing or other applicable area of study
- 5-7 years of experience developing digital marketing strategies in an agency, corporate, or public sector
- Experience working with Salesforce a must
- Deep experience running digital campaigns, tracking and optimizing for effectiveness and efficiency
- Previous digital paid media management experience is required and content marketing experience is preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of paid content marketing platforms, mobile, paid social media ads, etc.
- Ability to develop and manage digital marketing strategy and tactics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of brand positioning that connects to the business and brand results.
- Ability to assess feasibility and make decisions using data and analytical results
- A results orientation with excellent management and team building skills.Of which 3 years were on a senior level
- Ability to identify insights and implications from customer research to drive business decisions
- Ability to assimilate business strategy and objectives and develop online marketing programs
- Proficient in current mobile, web tools and technologies
- Innovative and creative thinker; proactively identifies opportunities; motivated by challenge, change and opportunity to help an organization look at things differently
- Relationship builder; partners cross-functionally and works effectively with various levels of the organization; team player with the presence to inspire and coalesce varying points of view
- Strong experience in team-building, both internally and through agency and freelance resources, to create an A-level brand group
- Proficiency in relevant digital software, technology and marketing mediums
- Experience with CRM systems
- Seasoned online marketing experience in consumer products, retail or food related industries
- Comprehensive experience in strategic planning, program development and implementation.
- Operational experience to develop customer relevant and easily adoptable programs.
- Supervisory as well as demonstrated leadership experience.
- Proven ability to find creative or alternative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to understand financial metrics.
- Ability to stay abreast of market conditions and trends in branding, product image, advertising, and management practices.
Director of Marketing Recruitment
Courtney has worked in the recruitment industry since 2013 and is currently the director of marketing recruitment. She specializes in placing candidates within e-commerce, digital marketing, analytics, CRM, loyalty marketing, and sales/account management positions across various industries nationwide. By working to develop close relationships, she is able to effectively match the right candidates with the right clients, and as a valued resource to both parties throughout the process. Her favorite thing about recruiting is hearing how candidates have found success and career growth within their new companies.
Before recruiting, she worked in digital marketing, specializing in search engine marketing. She holds an MBA from Canisius College and a bachelor’s degree from Niagara University, where she also played Division 1 soccer.
- Hobbies: Baking - creating artwork on cookies, playing soccer and, of course, spending time with my crazy Goldendoodle Winston. Biggest addiction: chocolate chip cookies & cheese